Request for

Accént Legal the law office of Mark Kowalewski

We offer assistance with a Request for Evidence reply to US Citizenship and Immigration Services. We use our experience to help with a reply whether you are renewing a work permit, renewing green card or applying for citizenship the immigration office receives the information they are requesting.

​A Request for Evidence (RFE) can be alarming. However, these are often an opportunity to add clarification to your immigration application package. These RFEs can be a second chance to show how you are a deserving candidate.

Yes.  If you chose to not reply, the application is deemed to either be abandoned or it may be denied for not showing sufficient evidence. If you receive a request for additional evidence this should be taken seriously.

Typically, you have 30-90 days. Each application is different and each request for information is different. Each letter should state when the reply is due. 

If the information was already sent in, you must resend the information. If you assume the information is already in their hands and you chose not to answer, your application may be denied for not timely answering the request. 

Yes. There are several other requests that carry similar repercussions if they are not answered. Those include:

  • Notice for Initial Evidence
  • Notice of Intended Denial
  • Notice of Denial 

It depends. Typically, the answer is no. If you sent insufficient funds or the funds sent were lost, you may be receiving notice that the application fee itself is insufficient. In this case, you would need to supplement your application with a payment.

Yes. We offer support but we will request the underlying application so that we can determine what the USCIS officer is looking at, what the officer may feel is missing, and then work with you to determine how to provide the evidence necessary for the application to move forward.

If necessary, we will also draft a letter that offers a legal summary of why you are eligible for the benefit to be included with the request for evidence (RFE) reply.

Call for a free consultation to review your options when your immigration application has received a request for evidence.

Have Problems But Can't Consult Anyone?

Accént Legal the law office of Mark Kowalewski


Green Card/Adjustment of Status/Consular Processing

A Green Card holder (permanent resident) is someone who has been granted authorization to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis. As proof of that status, a person is granted a permanent resident card, commonly called a “Green Card.”


Naturalization is the process of U.S. citizenship being granted to a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

Interview Preparation

USCIS contacts applicants with an interview time.  This interview is another opportunity to use an attorney to protect your interests. 

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) allow some individuals who entered the United States as minors, and either entered illegally or over stayed their visa, to receive a renewable two-year period where they are deferred from deportation and are eligible for a work permit.

Deportation Defense

Deportation (sometimes called “removal”) occurs when the federal government formally removes an alien from the United States for violations of immigration or criminal laws by going through Immigration Court proceedings. 

Work Permit

A work permit may be available to you based on your status, circumstances, and your opportunity to submit applications that include a work permit.